Tuesday, August 15, 2006

thirty-five years of sheer BLISS!!!


The Young Bride-To-Be!

July 24th of this year marked our Thirty-fifth Wedding Anniversary! Wow! All those years wth the same man!!! We'll probably make the Guiness Book of World Records!

When we met, Chandler was in his first year of teaching Woodshop at Hurst Jr. High School and I was in my second year of college at Tarrant County. We had seen each other in September in a Sunday School class at my church....but didn't actually meet until he walked into the doctor's office where I was working part time. It was at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 9, 1971 and he came to see Dr. Burke because he had fallen off of his motorcycle and hurt his back!!! (that should have been my warning!)......and we married at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 24, of the SAME YEAR!!! (yes, a short 5 1/2 months later!)

We have lived several "lifetimes" in 35 years. Six years in Hurst, Texas (where I grew up); 5 years in Houston ---or rather, Tomball, Texas just north of Houston--- where our kids were born; 6 years in Lufkin (East Texas) where we built a house; and EIGHTEEN YEARS here in Atlanta! Our kids called this home and married wonderful spouses here....only to LEAVE US and move to Colorado!!! Even Nathan & Courtney are planning to move next summer....after the birth of their first baby!

Two kids and four grandsons later.....several dogs (Schnickelfritz the dauchsund, Biscuit, Abby, Jasmine, and Daisy)....and many, many wonderful friends along the way....mark the years with lasting memories....and enough encouragement to press on for another 35!!!

So, above you see a picture of me at my Wedding Shower...given at my Aunt Marilyn's house. Skinny little thing, wasn't I? (so was Chandler!!!---not pictured here, but I will hunt for a photo to post!)

Please mail all cards of 'congratulation's' and checks (made out to me!) to our home here in Atlanta! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

You were adorable...and you have not changed a bit :)

Thanks for being such wonderful role models!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if Chandler isn't 'skinny' anymore, he only has YOU and your GREAT brisket and limp veggies to blame!!
Congrats,

RDD

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have aged very gracefully! I just threw a huge surprise party this past weekend for Bonnie & Micheal's 25th anniversary!!! Cheryl.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home