Friday, March 03, 2006

My Car Battery is Dead...now what?


Nothing is more irritating that a flat tire....or my car battery being dead as I'm headed out the door! Why does it happen? What am I to learn? .....well, my answer to that is: Life Happens, Deal With It! But as life happens, in the everyday, mundane details, how do I view and respond to God? My son wrote me a note about two weeks ago....and I think it applies:

Nope, nothing is an accident is it? People often look at me like I'm crazy when I say that God ordains every single thing that happens in this world -down to the sparrows who fall to the ground. He has ordained the movement of my fingers on these keys right now. Does this negate human responsibility? No way, for we still decide to sin in our hearts. But it does ensure that 'all things work for good', and that God is sovereign over the outcome of this wicked world. Piper once said that if there was one single molecule in the whole universe that was allowed to roam free separate from the ordination of God, then God at that point ceases to be sovereign, and we have no hope that He will triumph in the end. Mind-boggling huh? For it only takes one small leak to sink a ship. But think about how the smallest of affairs, like a flat tire, or the outcome of a sporting event, or a seemingly small sickness, think about how each one of these things drastically changes or has the potential to change our entire lives. A flat tire changes your schedule...winners and losers go separate directions...etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home