Thursday, March 09, 2006

Nathan & Courtney


My son, Nathan, just returned from The Shepherd's Conference in California. He writes about it in his blog (link at the right), but I just wanted to print the last paragraph of what he had to say about the conference and it's influence on him. How blessed I am!

"A line was definitely drawn in the sand this week. I now understand the seriousness of the call, the devotion of the life, and the urgency of the message much better than before. Was I challenged? Oh yes, challenged to devote my life to the truth. Was I convicted? Definitely. Convicted of my pride, my self-seeking and my self-love. Have I been called? By all means. I have been called to spend my entire life in study, to spend my life in service to others, and to devote myself to rightly dividing the word of truth. I would rather die than be hindered from preaching the truth. Have I been tested? No question. The gauntlet has been set forth before me. Only a wicked and lazy servant would turn from what God has called."

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan White said...

What a beautiful wife that guy has! Wow!

Next year, I'm taking her with me (wanna come??)

-Nathan

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also so very proud of our Granddaughter and Nathan...I have grown to love Nathan just like a Grandson...two very, very smart and hard working young couple.... working to accomplish their golds and direction they are called in lifes adventure...my Love and Prayers are with both...Grandmother Frances

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home