Wednesday, April 05, 2006

From My Journal....

I just spent a while this evening lamenting over my heart's condition. It seems so worldly.....and I don't know how it got that way! But I'm just starting a study of the book of Joel, so I read chapters 1 and 2, only to find out that Locusts had destroyed the land of the Hebrews, their vineyards, crops, and everything they possessed.

Recently, at church, we have learned about the "essence of God"...which is: He does whatever He wants to do and He does not have to explain Himself to us!
Now look at Joel 2:25b > "MY great army (locusts) which I SENT among you."

Wow! Here, as in many cases, He does explain Himself. HE sent the locusts that destroyed everything HIS children (the Hewbrews) had in order to get their attention and turn them back to depending on Him!

The Message to me:
>The locusts (of worldliness) have eaten away at my heart
>God's message (Joel 2:13),
"Rend your HEART, and NOT your garments."

This is so like God and not like me. He's always looking on the inside...I'm always looking only on the outside! I would tear garments (Miss Drama)....but He goes straight to the heart's condition = tear it! REPENT!

>He always restores: Joel 2:25, 26 >
"Then I will make up to you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten.....and you shall have plenty to eat and be satisfied."

Ahhhhhhhhh.........some real food, at last! Praise to His Glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home